Welcome! My name is Jessica Ryan and I am the school counselor for the DCIU within the non-public sector. My passion for counseling comes from a strong desire to help students find comfort, peace, and love for who they are and who they want to become. My goal is to help students achieve success through guidance with issues that may be impacting their academics, career, and personal/social interactions. I am able to help students with:
* Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
*Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving conflict and respecting others.
* Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
* Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Providing support during a personal crisis.
* Working with students on executive functioning skills.
* Helping with referrals to outside agencies when needed.
* Developing student social awareness.
* Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED DURING COUNSELING:
* Making friends
* Liking myself/self-esteem
* Getting along with others
* Parents' divorce
* Being a "new kid"
* Learning and responsibility
* Death and dying
* Sexual abuse
* Moving away
* Being honest
* Drug and alcohol abuse
HOW STUDENTS CAN SEE THE COUNSELOR: Parents are able to reach out and request to fill out a consent form, or students can speak with their teacher and request to meet with me.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.